PiLog has been mentioned in the Gartner Hype Cycle for Data and Analytics Governance and Master Data Management 2020
According to Gartner, "Data and analytics leaders can use this Hype Cycle to understand the latest trends and innovations driving data, analytics governance and MDM. Making the right decision, trusting the right frameworks & strategies at the right time is key to realizing business value from information assets".
Gartner continues to say, "Leading organizations that create a strategy to implement MDM and supporting technology that is well-thought-out, holistic and business-driven will be able to deliver significant business value. They will do so in terms of enabling competitive differentiation and business growth, improved customer experience, reduced time to market and delivery on operational efficiency as well as by meeting governance, risk management and compliance requirements".
If you are interested in MDM, here are few things you need to consider before you embark on the journey and you need to treat MDM as a technology enabled business initiative: *
- Secure executive sponsorship prior to proceeding.
- Ensure a clear "line of sight" to tangible business benefits.
- Prioritize, and agree upon which business initiatives will benefit most from trusted master data as a starting point.
- Stay lean and focused - classify only the most widely shared application data as master data "the least amount of data governance on the least amount of data that has the greatest impact on business outcomes".
- Identify the architectural role that each implemented MDM solution will play in your approach to enterprise information management (EIM). Use MDM as an opportunity to implement sound information architecture fundamentals, such as canonical transaction formats for master data domains as part of a well-managed data integration practice.
- Factor services into costs, over 90% of organizations leverage services for support with their MDM strategy and/or implementation.
PiLog recommends you download full report for Phases, Benefits and Maturity Levels of Hype Cycle for Data and Analytics Governance and Master Data Management, 2020.
Should you wish to read more, you can download full report illustrating Phases, Benefits and Maturity Levels of Hype Cycle for Data and Analytics Governance and Master Data Management, 2020.
PiLog is recognized as a 2020 Gartner Peer Insights Customers' Choice for Master Data Management Solutions.
Gartner Peer Insights ‘Voice of the Customer ’: Master Data Management Solutions, 8 June 2020, Peer Contributors
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
The GARTNER PEER INSIGHTS CUSTOMERS’ CHOICE badge is a trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved. Gartner Peer Insights Customers ’ Choice constitute the subjective opinions of individual end-user reviews, ratings, and data applied against a documented methodology; they neither represent the views of, nor constitute an endorsement by, Gartner or its affiliates.
* Gartner, Hype Cycle for Data and Analytics Governance and Master Data Management, 2020, 16 July 2020, Saul Judah, Andrew White
* GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S and internationally and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.